Meet The Teacher cont.....


First “Linky” Party
So excited to be personally involved in my first “link” party.
Hi, I am the “C” in the K and C love grade 3.  I am very new to participating in blogging. I have been reading blogs and following blogs for a couple of years now, but new to participating in blogging events. Up until this summer, blogging has been something I am terrified of.  So worried to say to do the wrong thing that I did nothing but follow. 
I also live in Ontario, Canada.  I actually live only a few minutes away from my partner Kaitlin. I have been teaching for 9 years and have not felt like I worked a day yet. My job is my hobby and normally my summers are spent setting up for September because I love it so much. This year I am not sure where I will be in September because this year I was also bumped due to seniority and enrollment.  I have taught  1st grade through 3rd grade, and loved each one the same.

I have three incredible children that are the light of my life. Melanie 23, Jocelyn 17 and Ben 15.  They are the most amazing,  thoughtful and kind children in the world. Of course I am a biased opinion, but if you talk to anyone else they would agree with me so I don’t feel at all wrong in my assessment of them. My hobbies outside of teaching include baking, cooking, reading, and as of lately, isometric stretching videos.  I have fallen in love with the full body workout by Miranda Esmonde-White.  



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Favorite food is pasta. Love to cook with a great glass of wine beside me.  Coffee in the morning with lots of milk. 

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I would want to own a bed and breakfast. It would be so much fun to restore an old farmhouse and cook and bake for guests.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Smiley, patient and a pleaser.

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
“I have the summer off", said NO TEACHER EVER

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING? 
My brother Glen, he has missed the last seven of my birthdays due to his untimely passing.  Love you Glen. J

 Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE? 
You have got to be Kidding ME!

Q: YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
Would like to have Professor X’s power of telepathy. I would like to be able to be there when the people I care about need me.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?  
It won’t surprise my partner Kaitlin at all to know the saying she picked is on my chalkboard in the kitchen.
But another one I like is “Everything will be ok in the end, and if it’s not ok it’s not the end.”


 Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
Try and Little Tenderness by Otis Redding.  Who doesn’t want to perform a song by him?

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL? 
I am a morning person I would guess.  People have told me it is unnatural to be that smiley in the morning before a cup of coffee.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP? 






Q:  SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU? 
I was on the cover of a magazine in 2003 for winning a makeover contest. lol






Ok, your turn again, Link back Here to join this "Meet the Teacher Linky" and meet other teachers! :)

Christine

Comments

  1. Hi Christine. I found you on your first link-up. I teach 3rd grade, too, that's why I popped over to visit your blog. I LOVE how you were on the cover of a magazine - very cool. I love Canada - it's beautiful! My husband's college roommate is from North Bay, Ontario, and we even went there to visit. It's a very long drive. I'm your newest follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      I loved 3rd grade, I was lucky to teach it for 4 years. I am hoping to stay in primary when the list of jobs comes out on August 19th.
      Not only was I on the cover, but the best part of the makeover contest was that I got to bring a friend to Toronto and we were treated like movie stars for the weekend. I was given a prize of a wardrobe, make up and hair products galore. It was so much fun, so I didn't even care that they cut my hair and dyed it red. lol
      Thanks for following :)
      Christine

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine! How stressful to not know where you are going to be. I just found out that my grade changed from 4 to 3/4 - but at least I know where I'm going to be. I hope things get straightened out soon. Are you in the Toronto area? I'm in Kingston. Yay Ontario! :-) Take care.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      I have told myself that I am not stressed about it, but my not sleeping, nightmares and my weight loss are proving me wrong. lol
      I am in the Windsor area, and really am lucky this year, because there was over 170 teachers laid off and not all of them will be called back. Good luck in grade 3/4 this year. I have always liked the grade 4 curriculum.

      Christine

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to meet some more Canadian bloggers! I'm your neighbour in Manitoba! :) I hope you find out about your job soon! It took me seven years and five different schools before I finally found my permanent spot! Good luck to you!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      My daughter's boyfriend is hoping to be teaching in Manitoba next September. She is also hoping to join him and finish her nursing up there.
      So great to hear you are finally in a permanent spot! :)

      Christine

      Delete
  4. Hi Christine, I found your blog on Falling Into First's Meet the Teacher Link-Up! Wow, that is so cool that you were on the cover of a magazine! :) I've traveled to Canada a few times while growing up and always thought it was so beautiful there. I live in New Jersey, so visually, it's very different! Hope everything works out for you this upcoming school year! Best of Luck!

    Anna
    Kinder Tykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,
      Thanks for choosing my blog to read. I am heading over to the linky party now to read a few more, and will definitely check out your meet the teacher. :)
      Everything will work out, I have a very positive outlook on things. I feel very lucky to be where I am at. Thanks for the good wishes. Have a great first week back.
      Christine

      Delete
  5. I'm excited I came across your blog in this linky party! I too am a Canadian blogger, in B.C. I will be teaching a 3/4 split next year, so I'm adding your blog to my follow list. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela,
      I am glad you stopped by my blog as well. I hope some of our posts help you in the upcoming year.
      Wow, B.C , what a great place to live!

      Christine

      Delete
  6. So true about having summers off. This summer has been busy for me- creating my teaching blog and education Twitter account. Plus applying for jobs again. I am certified PK-3 and love my experiences in 1st-3rd as well! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The summer is for preparing for September. lol
    I attend a workshop every summer and they are always completely filled. That speaks volumes.
    I wish you the best of luck applying for jobs you have such a great attitude. :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine! I think your doing a fantastic job at blogging, way to go! I am soooo sad that you won't be at SJV next year :( I was really looking forward to my son possibly having you. Wherever you end up the students will be so lucky to have you! Best of luck next week!

    Jacqui :)

    To jog your memory we spent a few hours in the ER together with your mom and my daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacqui,
    No jogging my memory needed, I recognized the name. :)
    Thank you so much for the kind words. I haven't given up hope I might be back there.
    Hope your having an incredible summer. Great to hear from you.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment