HOW TO BEGIN AGAIN

First of all I want to send out a huge "Thank you" to my partner and incredible friend Kaitlin.


Kaitlin has been holding it all together.  She has been keeping you informed on what is going on in the world of K&C. Things have been exciting to say the least and for me quite overwhelming. So before I start, I want to say again to my partner- You have been so wonderful and I appreciate the time you have given me to get organized and put things in my life in order. You know I would do anything for you and I just want you to know that I never take a day working with you for granted. :)

Glad to be back


With all that said, I am glad to be back. I have been doing quite a bit of research since the conference we attended in Las Vegas. (Hope you enjoyed the post about our trip)
I have spent the last month watching tutorials, updating my computer (thanks to my sweet brother) and reading tons of incredible blogs. Up till now the blogging world and the social media world have been a mystery to me. After attending the conference, I realized that it is a mystery I need to figure out and join. For a while, I have been struggling with where to begin, how do I even start to understand a world I have kept myself apart from. Each year I feel I have grown a little bit, but after the conference, I felt that it just wasn't enough. Just take blogging, for example, the first year of K&C I would blog when something great would happen in my class or if I felt it was something other's could learn from or love to try. That year, I was not on any type of schedule, it has been just whenever I felt like it.  Blogging for me is something that doesn't come very natural and because I feel I am weak when it comes to grammar and the English language, I feel a lot of pressure when I am putting something written out for other's to read. The second year of K&C I decided to have a set schedule of when I was going to blog, I even went as far as to set it as a reminder in my phone and a friend's phone, so each Sunday I would have two reminders to blog. (Thanks Friend ;)
So here I am in our third year of K&C and I am hoping to do more.  Among the many tutorials and blogs, and articles I have read, I came across one about blogging that I hope will be helpful to me this year.

 here




 I have also come across a grammar program called "ginger" that will proof read all my feeds and provide an easier, more adequate read for our followers. So if you are at all like me and struggle with grammar/writing and the English language this free program is for you.  




http://www.gingersoftware.com/

Ready to Begin Again


At the end of this school year I was laid off. So like my partner Kaitlin, I no longer have a school or know what grade I will be teaching in September. I will, however, find out most of this information at the end of August. 

I have been working on a package for the first week of school that is an interactive book for the classroom. This book is one that you create with your students, laminate and bind and it would be used as a reference for the whole year as well as a getting to know you and your classmates and teacher album. I am excited to be able to offer a package that, when it is complete, you will have an interactive published piece of work in the classroom.  I liked the idea because I will be starting in a new school and I want to learn and provide as much information as I can with my class and what better way to do that than having a joint publication that the students and I produce together.  My idea is, that once this book is created, it can be signed out to each student for a night to share with their families. I wanted to create something for teachers in my position with new classrooms and new schools as well as making something that would benefit any teacher and any class, as a back to school activity to be proud of.

So that has been my journey this July. I am ready to take some risks and push myself a little harder. I am excited to be working on a back to school package that I am sure any teacher would enjoy having in their classroom. I hope you follow our blog so you are up to date with our sales/giveaways and all the great ideas we like to share.  

New package coming soon :)


 Thank you for stopping by our blog!


Christine

Comments